Wednesday, February 27

Rhubarb

Thanks to Mrs Body's generosity, and her skill in driving a spade through through a healthy crown, I have now planted two Rhubarb patches. This is supposed to be done in the early autumn, but being pretty hardy plants they're doing quite well.

Along with asparagus and properly ripe pears, in my view, rhubarb is one of the three British delicacies (I used to have quails eggs on this list until I went to Cambodia, where they are sold as road side snacks, Fortnum and Mason take note).


Alongside getting the Garden cleared, we were also able to regenerate the compost heap... interestingly Bette Midler had a few interesting things to say about Composting...


"My whole life had been spent waiting for an epiphany, a manifestation of God's presence, the kind of transcendent, magical experience that lets you see your place in the big picture. And that is what I had with my first compost heap."

No comments: